Have you ever wondered how many people are crammed into Watsonville in California? Here is the answer:
Watsonville, California has a population density of 2914 inhabitants per square kilometer (7551.47 / sq mi)
That means the whole population of 51,199 people are living within an area of 17.57 sq km (6.78 sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi), thanks to it’s population of 8,398,748 inhabitants within an area of 1214 sq km (468.73 sq mi).
Watsonville is a city in Santa Cruz County, California, United States. The population was 51,199 according to the 2010 census.Located on the central coast of California, the economy centers predominantly around farming and food processing. It is known for growing strawberries, apples, lettuce and a host of other vegetables. Watsonville is home to people of varied ethnic backgrounds. There is a large Hispanic population, as well as groups of Croatians, Filipinos, Portuguese, Sikhs, and Japanese who live and work in the city.The Pajaro Valley, where Watsonville is located, has a climate that is around 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit throughout much of the year. This climate makes Watsonville an attractive coastal environment for the neighboring inland communities with very hot summers. The Pajaro Valley Unified School District has an attendance of about 18,000 students kindergarten through 12th grades. There are several private religious-based schools in Watsonville such as Notre Dame School, Monte Vista Christian, Salesian Sisters, and St. Francis. There are also several charter schools and the non-religious independent Pre-K through 12th grade Mount Madonna School. These schools provide a wide range of educational options for local families. Watsonville is generally conservative on the political spectrum, and average relative to the neighboring communities of Salinas, Castroville, and Prunedale. It is, however, a self-designated sanctuary city.The larger coastal town directly north of Watsonville is the city of Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz is a draw for many young college students who attend Cabrillo College or University of California, Santa Cruz. Because Watsonville and Santa Cruz are beach towns, they draw many visitors from San Jose and from the Central Valley areas. Like neighboring Salinas in Monterey County, Watsonville produces a variety of fruits and vegetables, primarily apples, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and table mushrooms.
Cities with a similar population density as Watsonville
Other cities that have a similar population density as Watsonville, California are:
- Reading, Pennsylvania with a population density of 3,426 people per sq km (8,874 / sq mi).
- Elizabeth, New Jersey with a population density of 3,534 people per sq km (9,155 / sq mi).
- Lincoln Park, Michigan with a population density of 2,627 people per sq km (6,804 / sq mi).
- Shively, Kentucky with a population density of 3,295 people per sq km (8,515 / sq mi).
- Pawtucket, Rhode Island with a population density of 3,049 people per sq km (7,897 / sq mi).
- Arlington County, Virginia with a population density of 3,357 people per sq km (8,694 / sq mi).
- Clayton, Missouri with a population density of 2,453 people per sq km (6,350 / sq mi).
- Centennial, Colorado with a population density of 3,381 people per sq km (8,759 / sq mi).
- National City, California with a population density of 2,481 people per sq km (6,423 / sq mi).
- Cypress, California with a population density of 2,787 people per sq km (7,221 / sq mi).
Cities with a similar population size as Watsonville
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Watsonville, California:
- Coeur d’Alene, Idaho with a population of 44,137 people
- Hendersonville, Tennessee with a population of 54,068 people
- Henrietta, New York with a population of 42,851 people
- Petaluma, California with a population of 58,921 people
- Danville, California with a population of 43,341 people
- Lake Havasu City, Arizona with a population of 52,527 people
- DeSoto, Texas with a population of 51,102 people
- Meriden, Connecticut with a population of 60,868 people
- Titusville, Florida with a population of 43,761 people
- Cheyenne, Wyoming with a population of 59,466 people
Cities with a similar size as Watsonville
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Watsonville, California, here you go:
- Baker, Louisiana with 21.47 square kilometers (21.47 sq mi), population: 13,895
- New Baltimore, Michigan with 17.44 square kilometers (17.44 sq mi), population: 12,084
- Key West, Florida with 18.76 square kilometers (18.76 sq mi), population: 22,682
- Festus, Missouri with 14.78 square kilometers (14.78 sq mi), population: 11,602
- Hartford, Wisconsin with 21.11 square kilometers (21.11 sq mi), population: 14,223
- Baraboo, Wisconsin with 19.39 square kilometers (19.39 sq mi), population: 12,048
- Tiffin, Ohio with 17.87 square kilometers (17.87 sq mi), population: 18,135
- Midvale, Utah with 15.31 square kilometers (15.31 sq mi), population: 27,029
- Del City, Oklahoma with 19.47 square kilometers (19.47 sq mi), population: 21,332
- Stoughton, Wisconsin with 15.68 square kilometers (15.68 sq mi), population: 12,611