If you ever wondered how many inhabitants Dallas in Texas has, here is the answer:
Dallas, Texas has a population of 1,197,816 residents.
With an area of 996.58 sq km (384.78 sq mi), that comes down to a population density of 1201.93 inhabitants per square kilometer (3112.99 / sq mi).
As a reference: New York City has a population of 8,398,748 inhabitants and a population density of 6918 inhabitants per square kilometer (17918 / sq mi).
Dallas () is a city in the U.S. state of Texas and the largest city and seat of Dallas County, with portions extending into Collin, Denton, Kaufman and Rockwall counties. With an estimated 2019 population of 1,343,573, it is the ninth most-populous city in the U.S. and third in Texas after Houston and San Antonio. Located in North Texas, the city of Dallas is the main core of the largest metropolitan area in the Southern United States and the largest inland metropolitan area in the U.S. that lacks any navigable link to the sea. It is the most populous city in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the country at 7.5 million people.Dallas and nearby Fort Worth were initially developed due to the construction of major railroad lines through the area allowing access to cotton, cattle and later oil in North and East Texas. The construction of the Interstate Highway System reinforced Dallas’s prominence as a transportation hub, with four major interstate highways converging in the city and a fifth interstate loop around it. Dallas then developed as a strong industrial and financial center and a major inland port, due to the convergence of major railroad lines, interstate highways and the construction of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, one of the largest and busiest airports in the world. In addition, Dallas has DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) with different colored train lines that transport throughout the metroplex.Dominant sectors of its diverse economy include defense, financial services, information technology, telecommunications, and transportation. Dallas is home to 9 Fortune 500 companies within the city limits. The Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex hosts additional Fortune 500 companies, including American Airlines (Fort Worth) and ExxonMobil (Irving). Over 41 colleges and universities are located within its metropolitan area, which is the most of any metropolitan area in Texas. The city has a population from a myriad of ethnic and religious backgrounds and one of the largest LGBT communities in the U.S. WalletHub named Dallas the fifth most-diverse city in the U.S. in 2018.
Cities with a similar population size as Dallas
Here a list of cities that have a similar number of inhabitants like Dallas, Texas:
- San Jose, California with a population of 1,025,350 people
- San Antonio, Texas with a population of 1,436,697 people
- San Diego, California with a population of 1,394,928 people
Cities with a similar size as Dallas
If you want to check which cities have a similar size as Dallas, Texas, here you go:
- Chesapeake, Virginia with 908.90 square kilometers, population: 230,571
- Suffolk, Virginia with 1,110.86 square kilometers, population: 85,728
- New York City, New York with 1,214.00 square kilometers, population: 8,398,748
- Indianapolis, Indiana with 953.18 square kilometers, population: 863,002
- Fort Worth, Texas with 909.61 square kilometers, population: 812,238
- New Orleans, Louisiana with 906.10 square kilometers, population: 378,715
- Memphis, Tennessee with 845.18 square kilometers, population: 646,889
- Buckeye, Arizona with 1,016.30 square kilometers, population: 50,876
Cities with a similar population density as Dallas
Other cities that have a similar population density as Dallas, Texas are:
- Elyria, Ohio with a population density of 1,010 people per sq km (2,615 / sq mi).
- Holladay, Utah with a population density of 1,226 people per sq km (3,173 / sq mi).
- Universal City, Texas with a population density of 1,023 people per sq km (2,652 / sq mi).
- Lemoore, California with a population density of 1,188 people per sq km (3,075 / sq mi).
- Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan with a population density of 1,202 people per sq km (3,115 / sq mi).
- Elk Grove, California with a population density of 1,399 people per sq km (3,623 / sq mi).
- Wyoming, Michigan with a population density of 1,121 people per sq km (2,905 / sq mi).
- Marinette, Wisconsin with a population density of 1,445 people per sq km (3,742 / sq mi).
- Jamestown, New York with a population density of 1,327 people per sq km (3,438 / sq mi).
- Lansing, Michigan with a population density of 1,110 people per sq km (2,875 / sq mi).
Cities from the same state: Texas
Let’s see what other cities Texas has to offer:
- Killeen, Texas with 138,154 inhabitants
- Murphy, Texas with 17,708 inhabitants
- Sulphur Springs, Texas with 15,449 inhabitants
- San Marcos, Texas with 44,894 inhabitants
- Sugar Land, Texas with 83,860 inhabitants
- Amarillo, Texas with 190,695 inhabitants
- Hereford, Texas with 14,597 inhabitants
- League City, Texas with 83,560 inhabitants
- McKinney, Texas with 155,142 inhabitants
- Palestine, Texas with 18,712 inhabitants
Cities with the same name “Dallas”
Same name but different game – do we have sister cities from other states: