How many baby Angolan free-tailed bats are in a litter?
A Angolan free-tailed bat (Mops condylurus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 2 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 2 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 88 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 8 grams (0.02 lbs) and measure 2.5 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Molossidae family (genus: Mops). An adult Angolan free-tailed bat grows up to a size of 5.1 meter (16′ 9″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Angolan free-tailed bat (Mops condylurus) is a species of bat in the family Molossidae. It is found in Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, the Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Its natural habitats are dry and moist savanna, although it is sometimes found at the edges of woodlands.
Other animals of the family Molossidae
Angolan free-tailed bat is a member of the Molossidae, as are these animals:
- Mongalla free-tailed bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- White-striped free-tailed bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Wrinkle-lipped free-tailed bat weighting only 21 grams
- Big crested mastiff bat weighting only 29 grams
- Bonda mastiff bat weighting only 17 grams
- Dwarf bonneted bat weighting only 12 grams
- Dwarf free-tailed bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Mato Grosso dog-faced bat weighting only 7 grams
- Aztec mastiff bat weighting only 14 grams
- Molossops planirostris with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Angolan free-tailed bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Southern hairy-nosed wombat
- Northern cave bat
- Greater mouse-deer
- Marsh deer
- Pygmy ringtail possum
- Herbert River ringtail possum
- Mohol bushbaby
- Tweedy’s crab-eating rat
- Hildegarde’s tomb bat
Animals with the same weight as a Angolan free-tailed bat
What other animals weight around 26 grams (0.06 lbs)?
- White-footed dunnart weighting 24 grams
- Wrinkle-faced bat weighting 23 grams
- Abrothrix sanborni weighting 24 grams
- Oligoryzomys longicaudatus weighting 27 grams
- Graphiurus hueti weighting 30 grams
- Common vole weighting 26 grams
- Eastern pygmy possum weighting 27 grams
- Common fat-tailed mouse opossum weighting 28 grams
- Long-tailed house bat weighting 30 grams
- Lesser Angolan epauletted fruit bat weighting 25 grams