How many baby Black-winged little yellow bats are in a litter?
A Black-winged little yellow bat (Rhogeessa tumida) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 90 grams (0.2 lbs) and measure 2.5 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Rhogeessa). An adult Black-winged little yellow bat grows up to a size of 21 cm (0′ 9″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The black-winged little yellow bat (Rhogeessa tumida) is a species of vesper bat native to Central America.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Black-winged little yellow bat is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Hodgson’s bat weighting only 7 grams
- Melck’s house bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brown pipistrelle weighting only 6 grams
- Abo bat weighting only 6 grams
- Silver-haired bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Groove-toothed bat weighting only 4 grams
- Southeastern myotis with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Least woolly bat weighting only 2 grams
- Argentine brown bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Rendall’s serotine weighting only 6 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Black-winged little yellow bat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Tweedy’s crab-eating rat
- Tickell’s bat
- Irrawaddy dolphin
- Southeastern myotis
- North Atlantic right whale
- Greater musky fruit bat
- Philippine flying lemur
- Ear-spot squirrel
- Brown long-eared bat
- Grant’s gazelle
Animals with the same weight as a Black-winged little yellow bat
What other animals weight around 4 grams (0.01 lbs)?
- California myotis weighting 4 grams
- Peters’s sheath-tailed bat weighting 4 grams
- North American least shrew weighting 4 grams
- Yellow-lipped bat weighting 4 grams
- Long-tailed shrew weighting 4 grams
- Delany’s mouse weighting 4 grams
- Maclaud’s horseshoe bat weighting 4 grams
- Rusty pipistrelle weighting 4 grams
- Carmen Mountain shrew weighting 4 grams
- Borneo roundleaf bat weighting 4 grams