How many baby Blackish deer mouses are in a litter?
A Blackish deer mouse (Peromyscus furvus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 1.3 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Peromyscus). An adult Blackish deer mouse grows up to a size of 9.1 cm (0′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The blackish deer mouse (Peromyscus furvus) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae found only in Mexico, and is relatively poorly studied.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Blackish deer mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Cursor grass mouse weighting only 39 grams
- Oligoryzomys magellanicus weighting only 25 grams
- African wading rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Typical striped grass mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Soft grass mouse weighting only 30 grams
- Chibchan water mouse weighting only 50 grams
- Dune hairy-footed gerbil with 4 babies per pregnancy
- North African gerbil with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Mount Data shrew-rat raching a size of 20.1 cm (0′ 8″)
- Chiruromys lamia with 2 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Blackish deer mouse
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Chestnut-bellied titi
- Red slender loris
- Goitered gazelle
- Tonkin snub-nosed monkey
- Commerson’s roundleaf bat
- Sangihe tarsier
- Red-flanked duiker
- Maxwell’s duiker
- Angolan talapoin
Animals with the same weight as a Blackish deer mouse
What other animals weight around 32 grams (0.07 lbs)?
- Hairy-legged vampire bat weighting 28 grams
- Cheesman’s gerbil weighting 28 grams
- Akodon boliviensis weighting 27 grams
- New Zealand greater short-tailed bat weighting 27 grams
- Cinnamon dog-faced bat weighting 35 grams
- Little red kaluta weighting 32 grams
- Hispid hocicudo weighting 36 grams
- Brazilian gracile opossum weighting 29 grams
- Pacific jumping mouse weighting 27 grams
- Hartwig’s soft-furred mouse weighting 38 grams