How many baby Chestnut-bellied titis are in a litter?
A Chestnut-bellied titi (Callicebus caligatus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 100 grams (0.22 lbs) and measure 7.2 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Cebidae family (genus: Callicebus). An adult Chestnut-bellied titi grows up to a size of 10 cm (0′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The chestnut-bellied titi (Plecturocebus caligatus) is a species of titi, a type of New World monkey, endemic to Brazil. It was originally described as Callicebus caligatus in 1842.
Other animals of the family Cebidae
Chestnut-bellied titi is a member of the Cebidae, as are these animals:
- Humboldt’s white-fronted capuchin with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Aotus infulatus weighting only 800 grams
- Black squirrel monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Rio Tapajós saki weighting around 2.31 kilograms (5.09 lbs)
- Bald uakari with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red-faced spider monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Coppery titi with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Rio Beni titi with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Black-headed marmoset with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Bare-eared squirrel monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Chestnut-bellied titi
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Linnaeus’s two-toed sloth
- Pale-throated sloth
- Common ringtail possum
- Long-finned pilot whale
- Northern greater galago
- Lesser bamboo bat
- Cuvier’s beaked whale
- Moustached guenon
- Red-eared guenon
- Bridled nail-tail wallaby
Animals with the same weight as a Chestnut-bellied titi
What other animals weight around 992 grams (2.19 lbs)?
- American mink weighting 904 grams
- Tailless tenrec weighting 894 grams
- Green ringtail possum usually reaching 1.15 kgs (2.54 lbs)
- Andean squirrel weighting 803 grams
- Gray-bellied night monkey weighting 873 grams
- European polecat weighting 980 grams
- Milne-Edwards’ sportive lemur weighting 822 grams
- Eastern quoll usually reaching 1.12 kgs (2.47 lbs)
- Raffray’s bandicoot weighting 905 grams
- Aotus infulatus weighting 800 grams