How many baby Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouses are in a litter?
A Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse (Phyllotis osilae) usually gives birth to around 4 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 4 grams (0.01 lbs) and measure 3.3 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Phyllotis). An adult Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse grows up to a size of 10.5 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse (Phyllotis osilae) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It is found in Argentina, Bolivia, and Peru.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- African groove-toothed rat with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Zempoaltepec with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Slender rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Arizona woodrat weighting only 200 grams
- Hinde’s rock rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Arizona cotton rat weighting only 198 grams
- Andean gerbil mouse weighting only 28 grams
- Thomas’s mosaic-tailed rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Korean field mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Smoky grass mouse weighting only 22 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse
Those animals also give birth to 4 babies at once:
- Short-tailed bandicoot rat
- Japanese grass vole
- Delicate slender opossum
- Nolthenius’s long-tailed climbing mouse
- Beach vole
- Gray-collared chipmunk
- Allen’s chipmunk
- European water vole
- Alexander’s kusimanse
- North American least shrew
Animals with the same weight as a Bunchgrass leaf-eared mouse
What other animals weight around 43 grams (0.09 lbs)?
- Chestnut tree mouse weighting 46 grams
- Peruvian fish-eating rat weighting 40 grams
- Ecuadorian grass mouse weighting 39 grams
- Brucepattersonius iheringi weighting 43 grams
- Junín grass mouse weighting 39 grams
- Greater Wilfred’s mouse weighting 46 grams
- Panamanian spiny pocket mouse weighting 51 grams
- Dalton’s mouse weighting 35 grams
- MacConnell’s climbing mouse weighting 41 grams
- Polynesian rat weighting 50 grams