How many baby Graphiurus huetis are in a litter?
A Graphiurus hueti (Graphiurus hueti) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 4 grams (0.01 lbs) and measure 3.7 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Myoxidae family (genus: Graphiurus). An adult Graphiurus hueti grows up to a size of 11 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Other animals of the family Myoxidae
Graphiurus hueti is a member of the Myoxidae, as are these animals:
- Silent dormouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Rock dormouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Edible dormouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Woodland dormouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Garden dormouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Japanese dormouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Chinese dormouse weighting only 31 grams
- Woolly dormouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Spectacled dormouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Christy’s dormouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Graphiurus hueti
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Oldfield mouse
- Andean mountain cavy
- Western chestnut mouse
- Bunny rat
- Neotropical otter
- Baluchistan pygmy jerboa
- Gambian pouched rat
- Desert warthog
- Pinyon mouse
- Hooper’s mouse
Animals with the same weight as a Graphiurus hueti
What other animals weight around 30 grams (0.07 lbs)?
- Brazilian shrew mouse weighting 36 grams
- Little red kaluta weighting 32 grams
- Alpine chipmunk weighting 36 grams
- African yellow bat weighting 25 grams
- Pale spear-nosed bat weighting 36 grams
- Woodford’s fruit bat weighting 30 grams
- Buffoon striped grass mouse weighting 26 grams
- Big crested mastiff bat weighting 29 grams
- Day’s grass mouse weighting 32 grams
- White-winged vampire bat weighting 36 grams