How many baby Jackson’s soft-furred mouses are in a litter?
A Jackson’s soft-furred mouse (Praomys jacksoni) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 35 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 171 grams (0.38 lbs) and measure 18.3 cm (0′ 8″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Praomys). An adult Jackson’s soft-furred mouse grows up to a size of 11.5 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Jackson’s soft-furred mouse or Jackson’s praomys (Praomys jacksoni) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forest, subtropical or tropical moist montane forest, arable land, and heavily degraded former forest.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Jackson’s soft-furred mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Stolzmann’s crab-eating rat weighting only 84 grams
- Rahm’s brush-furred rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- African wading rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Buff-bellied climbing mouse weighting only 89 grams
- Alston’s brown mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Brazilian shrew mouse with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Friendly leaf-eared mouse weighting only 20 grams
- Spinifex hopping mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Oligoryzomys flavescens with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Musser’s shrew mouse raching a size of 10.6 cm (0′ 5″)
Animals that share a litter size with Jackson’s soft-furred mouse
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Eastern red bat
- Pinyon mouse
- Eastern pygmy possum
- Southern bog lemming
- Brandt’s hedgehog
- Major’s pine vole
- Gansu pika
- Black-tailed dasyure
- Long-nosed dasyure
- Allen’s squirrel
Animals with the same weight as a Jackson’s soft-furred mouse
What other animals weight around 39 grams (0.09 lbs)?
- Woolly horseshoe bat weighting 34 grams
- Yellow-bellied sheath-tailed bat weighting 45 grams
- White-winged vampire bat weighting 36 grams
- Dalton’s mouse weighting 34 grams
- Antillean fruit-eating bat weighting 45 grams
- Northern hopping mouse weighting 38 grams
- Great stripe-faced bat weighting 35 grams
- Verreaux’s mouse weighting 41 grams
- Chinanteco deer mouse weighting 40 grams
- Guatemalan vole weighting 42 grams