How many baby Oligoryzomys flavescenss are in a litter?
A Oligoryzomys flavescens (Oligoryzomys flavescens) usually gives birth to around 5 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 18.36 kg (40.48 lbs) and measure 5.7 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Oligoryzomys). An adult Oligoryzomys flavescens grows up to a size of 2 meter (6′ 7″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Oligoryzomys flavescens, also known as the flavescent colilargo or yellow pygmy rice rat is a species of rodent in the genus Oligoryzomys of family Cricetidae. It is found in southern South America, occurring in southern Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and northeastern Argentina. Its karyotype has 2n = 64-66 and FNa = 66-70.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Oligoryzomys flavescens is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Eastern small-toothed rat weighting only 357 grams
- Zempoaltepec deer mouse with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Mexican water mouse weighting only 40 grams
- Guinea multimammate mouse with 11 babies per pregnancy
- Libyan jird with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Cochabamba grass mouse weighting only 34 grams
- White-throated woodrat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Broad-footed climbing mouse weighting only 57 grams
- Jico deer mouse weighting only 40 grams
- Large vesper mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Oligoryzomys flavescens
Those animals also give birth to 5 babies at once:
- Black rat
- Ural field mouse
- Pacific jumping mouse
- Grey dwarf hamster
- Daurian ground squirrel
- Montane shrew
- Tristram’s jird
- Northern short-tailed shrew
- Spectacled dormouse
- Siberian chipmunk
Animals with the same weight as a Oligoryzomys flavescens
What other animals weight around 21 grams (0.05 lbs)?
- Kangaroo Island dunnart weighting 22 grams
- Eligmodontia typus weighting 17 grams
- Golden mouse weighting 22 grams
- Harlequin bat weighting 22 grams
- Silky mouse weighting 23 grams
- Striped field mouse weighting 21 grams
- Tree bat weighting 19 grams
- One-toothed shrew mouse weighting 21 grams
- Eva’s desert mouse weighting 21 grams
- Brush mouse weighting 23 grams