How many baby Zempoaltepec deer mouses are in a litter?
A Zempoaltepec deer mouse (Habromys lepturus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 86 grams (0.19 lbs) and measure 15.7 cm (0′ 7″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Habromys). An adult Zempoaltepec deer mouse grows up to a size of 14.2 cm (0′ 6″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Zempoaltepec deer mouse (Habromys lepturus) also known as the slender-tailed deer mouse, is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae.It is endemic to southeastern Mexico, at one locality on Cerro Zempoaltepec above 2,500 metres (8,200 ft), in the Sierra Madre de Oaxaca in Oaxaca state.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Zempoaltepec deer mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Bushy-tailed jird with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Ivory Coast rat weighting only 52 grams
- Steppe mouse with 6 babies per pregnancy
- Diminutive woodrat weighting only 80 grams
- Sumichrast’s harvest mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Wetzel’s climbing mouse weighting only 89 grams
- Bunker’s woodrat weighting only 375 grams
- Midday jird with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Island mouse weighting only 164 grams
- Melanomys robustulus weighting only 53 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Zempoaltepec deer mouse
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Angolan talapoin
- Pennant’s colobus
- Fire-footed rope squirrel
- Long-tongued fruit bat
- Edwards’s long-tailed giant rat
- Dassie rat
- Atlantic bamboo rat
- Hammer-headed bat
- Black crested gibbon
- American bison
Animals with the same weight as a Zempoaltepec deer mouse
What other animals weight around 85 grams (0.19 lbs)?
- Libyan jird weighting 91 grams
- Wahlberg’s epauletted fruit bat weighting 93 grams
- Fat sand rat weighting 102 grams
- Eastern mole weighting 87 grams
- Allen’s chipmunk weighting 89 grams
- Philippine dawn bat weighting 78 grams
- Tanala tufted-tailed rat weighting 90 grams
- Goldman’s spiny pocket mouse weighting 85 grams
- Slender Oldfield mouse weighting 77 grams
- Web-footed tenrec weighting 77 grams