How many baby Least pipistrelles are in a litter?
A Least pipistrelle (Pipistrellus tenuis) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 2 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 2 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 41 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 2 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Pipistrellus). An adult Least pipistrelle grows up to a size of 4.4 cm (0′ 2″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The least pipistrelle (Pipistrellus tenuis) is a species of vesper bat.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Least pipistrelle is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Chinese pipistrelle weighting only 5 grams
- Japanese house bat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Silver-tipped myotis weighting only 5 grams
- Southern forest bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brandt’s bat weighting only 5 grams
- Northern cave bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Intermediate long-fingered bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Brown long-eared bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Geoffroy’s bat becoming 18 years old
- Allen’s big-eared bat becoming 3.17 years old
Animals that share a litter size with Least pipistrelle
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Mashona mole-rat
- Antilopine kangaroo
- Hardwicke’s woolly bat
- Javan rhinoceros
- Steller’s sea cow
- Lesser bamboo bat
- Harp seal
- Red acouchi
- African brush-tailed porcupine
- Rough-haired golden mole
Animals with the same weight as a Least pipistrelle
What other animals weight around 4 grams (0.01 lbs)?
- Maclaud’s horseshoe bat weighting 4 grams
- Thailand roundleaf bat weighting 4 grams
- Beccari’s sheath-tailed bat weighting 4 grams
- Doucet’s musk shrew weighting 4 grams
- Lesser horseshoe bat weighting 4 grams
- Ridley’s bat weighting 4 grams
- Flute-nosed bat weighting 4 grams
- Spix’s disk-winged bat weighting 4 grams
- Trinidad dog-like bat weighting 4 grams
- Elegant myotis weighting 4 grams