How many baby Little red brockets are in a litter?
A Little red brocket (Mazama rufina) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 231 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 836 grams (1.84 lbs) and measure 1.5 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Cervidae family (genus: Mazama). An adult Little red brocket grows up to a size of 92.3 cm (3′ 1″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The little red brocket or swamp brocket (Mazama rufina), also known as the Ecuador red brocket, is a small, little-studied deer native to the Andes of Colombia, Ecuador and northern Peru, where found in forest and páramo at altitudes between 1,400 and 3,600 metres (4,600 and 11,800 ft). It is one of the smallest brocket deer. The coat is reddish, and the legs and crown are blackish. As recently as 1999, some authorities included both the pygmy brocket (M. nana) and Merida brocket (M. bricenii) as subspecies of the little red brocket.The little red brocket may have formed an important part of the diet of the people of the Pleistocene Las Vegas culture.
Other animals of the family Cervidae
Little red brocket is a member of the Cervidae, as are these animals:
- Moose with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Sika deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Sambar deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Bawean deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Indian hog deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Philippine deer weighting around 49.1 kilograms (108.25 lbs)
- Hairy-fronted muntjac with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Thorold’s deer with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red brocket with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Barasingha with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Little red brocket
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Tarabundí vole
- Wroughton’s free-tailed bat
- Frosted sac-winged bat
- Black-eared flying fox
- Northern fur seal
- Northern elephant seal
- New Zealand sea lion
- Greater spot-nosed monkey
- Hoffmann’s two-toed sloth
- Plains viscacha
Animals with the same weight as a Little red brocket
What other animals weight around 21.05 kg (46.41 lbs)?
- Red brocket usually reaching 20.42 kgs (45.02 lbs)
- Four-horned antelope usually reaching 19.19 kgs (42.31 lbs)
- Arabian gazelle usually reaching 18.06 kgs (39.82 lbs)
- Cameroon clawless otter usually reaching 21.6 kgs (47.62 lbs)
- Thomson’s gazelle usually reaching 22.6 kgs (49.82 lbs)
- Peters’s duiker usually reaching 18.94 kgs (41.76 lbs)
- Oribi usually reaching 17.16 kgs (37.83 lbs)
- Fea’s muntjac usually reaching 19.9 kgs (43.87 lbs)
- North American beaver usually reaching 18.11 kgs (39.93 lbs)
- Arabian tahr usually reaching 22.06 kgs (48.63 lbs)