How many baby Nancy Ma’s night monkeys are in a litter?
A Nancy Ma’s night monkey (Aotus nancymaae) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 56 grams (0.12 lbs) and measure 1.7 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Aotidae family (genus: Aotus). An adult Nancy Ma’s night monkey grows up to a size of 51.6 cm (1′ 9″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Nancy Ma’s night monkey (Aotus nancymaae) is a night monkey species from South America. It is found in Brazil and Peru.It is known in medical research as a model organism for studying the Duffy antigen.
Other animals of the family Aotidae
Nancy Ma’s night monkey is a member of the Aotidae, as are these animals:
- Black-headed night monkey weighting around 1.06 kilograms (2.34 lbs)
- Azara’s night monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Nancy Ma’s night monkey
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Railer bat
- Giant anteater
- Western red colobus
- Long-tailed pangolin
- Golden bamboo lemur
- Sumatran serow
- Indian hare
- Allen’s woodrat
- Speke’s gazelle
Animals with the same weight as a Nancy Ma’s night monkey
What other animals weight around 791 grams (1.74 lbs)?
- Peters’s squirrel weighting 650 grams
- Giant white-tailed rat weighting 644 grams
- David’s echymipera weighting 817 grams
- White-eared titi weighting 898 grams
- Giant otter shrew weighting 685 grams
- Swynnerton’s bush squirrel weighting 675 grams
- Brown-tailed mongoose weighting 711 grams
- Stump-tailed porcupine weighting 832 grams
- Black squirrel monkey weighting 784 grams
- Cape gray mongoose weighting 791 grams