It is hard to guess what a Abrothrix longipilis weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Abrothrix longipilis (Abrothrix longipilis) on average weights 38 grams (0.08 lbs).
The Abrothrix longipilis is from the family Cricetidae (genus: Abrothrix). It is usually born with about 3 grams (0.01 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 12.7 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, Abrothrix longipiliss have 3 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Abrothrix longipilis, also known as the long-haired grass mouse or long-haired akodont, is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is found in central and southern Argentina and Chile. The southern Chilean Abrothrix sanborni may not be distinct from this species.
Animals of the same family as a Abrothrix longipilis
We found other animals of the Cricetidae family:
- Hairy-tailed bolo mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Dark bolo mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Sikkim mountain vole with 2 babies per litter
- Handleyomys fuscatus with a weight of 49 grams
- Lundomys with a weight of 238 grams
- Tien Shan red-backed vole with 4 babies per litter
- Juniper vole with 3 babies per litter
- Nectomys rattus with a weight of 248 grams
- White-tipped Oldfield mouse with a size of 11.4 cm (0′ 5″)
- Blyth’s vole with 1 babies per litter
Animals with the same weight as a Abrothrix longipilis
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Abrothrix longipilis:
- Sclater’s golden mole bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Asian house shrew bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Pseudoryzomys bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Tawny deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Southwestern myotis bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Grey red-backed vole bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Northern grass mouse bringing 44 grams to the scale
- Madame Berthe’s mouse lemur bringing 33 grams to the scale
- Greater Asiatic yellow bat bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Ecuadorian grass mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Abrothrix longipilis
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Abrothrix longipilis: