It is hard to guess what a Abrothrix longipilis weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Abrothrix longipilis (Akodon longipilis) on average weights 38 grams (0.08 lbs).
The Abrothrix longipilis is from the family Muridae (genus: Akodon). It is usually born with about 3 grams (0.01 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 3.7 cm (0′ 2″). Usually, Abrothrix longipiliss have 3 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Abrothrix longipilis, also known as the long-haired grass mouse or long-haired akodont, is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is found in central and southern Argentina and Chile. The southern Chilean Abrothrix sanborni may not be distinct from this species.
Animals of the same family as a Abrothrix longipilis
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Bush rat with a weight of 124 grams
- Mahomet mouse with a weight of 10 grams
- Typical vlei rat with 1 babies per litter
- White-throated woodrat with a weight of 208 grams
- Altiplano grass mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Djoongari with a weight of 43 grams
- Akodon azarae with a weight of 25 grams
- Chiapan deer mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Wolffsohn’s leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 42 grams
- Steppe field mouse with a weight of 20 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Abrothrix longipilis
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Akodon longipilis:
- Long-nosed Luzon forest mouse bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Oecomys bicolor bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Dark bolo mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Black mastiff bat bringing 33 grams to the scale
- Cameroon soft-furred mouse bringing 41 grams to the scale
- Dorothy’s slender opossum bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Grant’s rock mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Royle’s mountain vole bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Deroo’s mouse bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Malayan free-tailed bat bringing 31 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Abrothrix longipilis
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Abrothrix longipilis: