It is hard to guess what a Deroo’s mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Deroo’s mouse (Myomys derooi) on average weights 32 grams (0.07 lbs).
The Deroo’s mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Myomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 19.1 cm (0′ 8″). Usually, Deroo’s mouses have 3 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Deroo’s mouse or Deroo’s praomys (Praomys derooi) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo.Its natural habitats are dry savanna and urban areas.
Animals of the same family as a Deroo’s mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Insular vole with a weight of 66 grams
- Large vlei rat with a weight of 192 grams
- Eastern chestnut mouse with a weight of 79 grams
- Neacomys guianae with a weight of 15 grams
- Hairy-footed gerbil with a weight of 25 grams
- Big-eared hopping mouse with a weight of 89 grams
- Southern pygmy mouse with a weight of 9 grams
- Boehm’s gerbil with 4 babies per litter
- Lindbergh’s grass mouse with a weight of 26 grams
- Euryoryzomys lamia with a weight of 60 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Deroo’s mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Myomys derooi:
- Cheesman’s gerbil bringing 28 grams to the scale
- Greater red musk shrew bringing 31 grams to the scale
- Yellow-necked mouse bringing 31 grams to the scale
- Olive montane mouse bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Intelligent grass mouse bringing 28 grams to the scale
- Western jumping mouse bringing 27 grams to the scale
- Cyclops roundleaf bat bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Abrothrix jelskii bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Arnhem sheath-tailed bat bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Bastard big-footed mouse bringing 28 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Deroo’s mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Deroo’s mouse: