How many baby Oligoryzomys nigripess are in a litter?
A Oligoryzomys nigripes (Oligoryzomys delticola) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 18.36 kg (40.48 lbs) and measure 5.7 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Oligoryzomys). An adult Oligoryzomys nigripes grows up to a size of 2 meter (6′ 7″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Oligoryzomys nigripes, also known as the black-footed colilargo or the black-footed pygmy rice rat, is a rodent in the genus Oligoryzomys of family Cricetidae. Oligoryzomys nigripes is a species that has been further divided into different sister taxa throughout history.It is found in different countries in South America. It is a large species with long ears, dark yellow to dark brown upperparts, sharply delimited from the whitish underparts, and often a pink girdle on the chest. This species of rat spends much of its life among the trees. The karyotype is 2n = 62, FNa = 78–82.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Oligoryzomys nigripes is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Western pebble-mound mouse weighting only 10 grams
- Sloggett’s vlei rat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Slender Oldfield mouse weighting only 77 grams
- Pseudoryzomys weighting only 45 grams
- African pygmy mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Santa Cruz mouse weighting only 21 grams
- California mouse with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Gleaning mouse weighting only 35 grams
- Northern grasshopper mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- MacConnell’s climbing mouse weighting only 41 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Oligoryzomys nigripes
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Nyika rock rat
- San Diego pocket mouse
- Small Japanese mole
- Indian hairy-footed gerbil
- Northern flying squirrel
- Severtzov’s jerboa
- Blackish white-toothed shrew
- Tyler’s mouse opossum
- Royle’s pika
- Silky pocket mouse
Animals with the same weight as a Oligoryzomys nigripes
What other animals weight around 29 grams (0.06 lbs)?
- Bibimys torresi weighting 28 grams
- Common tube-nosed fruit bat weighting 29 grams
- Greater round-eared bat weighting 27 grams
- White-bellied slender opossum weighting 34 grams
- Western mouse weighting 34 grams
- Abrothrix lanosus weighting 27 grams
- Lesser false vampire bat weighting 24 grams
- Cochabamba grass mouse weighting 34 grams
- Rufous-bellied bolo mouse weighting 32 grams
- Lesser tube-nosed fruit bat weighting 24 grams