How many baby Severtzov’s jerboas are in a litter?
A Severtzov’s jerboa (Allactaga severtzovi) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 13 kg (28.66 lbs) and measure 4 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Dipodidae family (genus: Allactaga). An adult Severtzov’s jerboa grows up to a size of 2.83 meter (9′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Severtzov’s jerboa (Allactaga severtzovi) is an herbivorous species of rodent in the family Dipodidae.It is found in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Other animals of the family Dipodidae
Severtzov’s jerboa is a member of the Dipodidae, as are these animals:
- Blanford’s jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Pacific jumping mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Lesser Egyptian jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Dwarf fat-tailed jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Baluchistan pygmy jerboa with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Meadow jumping mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Bobrinski’s jerboa with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Four-toed jerboa weighting only 52 grams
- Greater Egyptian jerboa with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Thick-tailed three-toed jerboa with 3 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Severtzov’s jerboa
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once: