It is hard to guess what a Chestnut white-bellied rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Chestnut white-bellied rat (Niviventer fulvescens) on average weights 81 grams (0.18 lbs).
The Chestnut white-bellied rat is from the family Muridae (genus: Niviventer). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 14.3 cm (0′ 6″). Usually, Chestnut white-bellied rats have 4 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The chestnut white-bellied rat (Niviventer fulvescens) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is a small rodent with a distinct bright chestnut upper-coat and a white under-coat. The colour of the upper-coat is variable from very bright to a duller brown. The side of the body has a distinct margin where the upper and the under-coat meet. The upper-side of the tail is mostly brownish whereas the underside is whitish to flesh coloured. The species is mostly found in disturbed and undisturbed forest habitat. The species is known to scatter-hoard seeds in forests of eastern Himalayas.It is found in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Animals of the same family as a Chestnut white-bellied rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Serra do Mar grass mouse with a weight of 28 grams
- Cairo spiny mouse with a weight of 41 grams
- Melanomys caliginosus with a weight of 41 grams
- Mexican harvest mouse with a weight of 15 grams
- Chihuahuan mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Monte gerbil mouse with a weight of 18 grams
- Grant’s rock mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Burrowing chinchilla mouse with a weight of 83 grams
- MacConnell’s climbing mouse with a weight of 41 grams
- Lowland mosaic-tailed rat with a weight of 85 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Chestnut white-bellied rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Niviventer fulvescens:
- Oecomys rex bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Ashy-bellied Oldfield mouse bringing 77 grams to the scale
- Thomas’s mosaic-tailed rat bringing 90 grams to the scale
- Gray leaf-eared mouse bringing 68 grams to the scale
- Oecomys superans bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Woodland Oldfield mouse bringing 77 grams to the scale
- Oecomys flavicans bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Wetzel’s climbing mouse bringing 89 grams to the scale
- Philippine dawn bat bringing 78 grams to the scale
- Water vole (North America) bringing 92 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Chestnut white-bellied rat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Chestnut white-bellied rat: