It is hard to guess what a Melanomys caliginosus weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Melanomys caliginosus (Melanomys caliginosus) on average weights 41 grams (0.09 lbs).
The Melanomys caliginosus is from the family Muridae (genus: Melanomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 8.9 cm (0′ 4″). Usually, Melanomys caliginosuss have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Melanomys caliginosus, also known as the dusky melanomys or dusky rice rat, is a species of rodent in the genus Melanomys of family Cricetidae. It is found from Central America, in Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama, into South America, where it occurs in Venezuela, Colombia, and Ecuador. Populations currently classified under M. caliginosus may in fact include more than one species.
Animals of the same family as a Melanomys caliginosus
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- White-tailed rat with a weight of 86 grams
- Cloud forest grass mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Namaqua rock rat with a weight of 57 grams
- Mexican woodrat with a weight of 203 grams
- Big-eared climbing rat with a weight of 86 grams
- Abrothrix longipilis with a weight of 38 grams
- Giant naked-tailed rat with a weight of 745 grams
- Saunder’s vlei rat with a weight of 34 grams
- Euryoryzomys legatus with a weight of 61 grams
- Indian bush rat with a weight of 60 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Melanomys caliginosus
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Melanomys caliginosus:
- Halmahera blossom bat bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Crested-tailed deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Fawn antechinus bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Abrothrix jelskii bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Perote mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Temchuk’s bolo mouse bringing 47 grams to the scale
- Southern red-sided opossum bringing 48 grams to the scale
- Hairy-tailed bolo mouse bringing 39 grams to the scale
- Woodland thicket rat bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Pale spear-nosed bat bringing 36 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Melanomys caliginosus
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Melanomys caliginosus: