How many baby Defua rats are in a litter?
A Defua rat (Dephomys defua) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 200 grams (0.44 lbs) and measure 0.4 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Dephomys). An adult Defua rat grows up to a size of 62.4 cm (2′ 1″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Defua rat (Dephomys defua) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Ivory Coast, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical swamps, and subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Defua rat is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Slender Oldfield mouse weighting only 77 grams
- Rakali with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Black-eared mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Eastern harvest mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Melanomys caliginosus with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Greater bandicoot rat with 6 babies per pregnancy
- Cabrera’s vole weighting only 52 grams
- Gerbil mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Bolaños woodrat weighting only 198 grams
- Heath mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Defua rat
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- South American sea lion
- Kivu shrew
- Greater bamboo lemur
- Antilopine kangaroo
- Small dorcopsis
- Little bent-wing bat
- Little forest bat
- Southern giant slender-tailed cloud rat
- Black-spotted cuscus
- Mongolian gazelle
Animals with the same weight as a Defua rat
What other animals weight around 43 grams (0.09 lbs)?
- Dusky slender opossum weighting 46 grams
- Chiapan deer mouse weighting 40 grams
- Molossops abrasus weighting 35 grams
- Rock dormouse weighting 46 grams
- Miller’s striped mouse weighting 49 grams
- Taiwan vole weighting 46 grams
- Comoro rousette weighting 45 grams
- Venezuelan fish-eating rat weighting 47 grams
- Painted big-eared mouse weighting 51 grams
- Ord’s kangaroo rat weighting 50 grams