It is hard to guess what a Dalton’s mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Dalton’s mouse (Praomys daltoni) on average weights 34 grams (0.07 lbs).
The Dalton’s mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Praomys). It is usually born with about 1 grams (0 lbs). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 34.9 cm (1′ 2″). On average, Dalton’s mouses can have babies 2 times per year with a litter size of 5.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Dalton’s mouse or Dalton’s praomys (Praomys daltoni) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, and Togo.Its natural habitats are dry savanna, rocky areas, and urban areas.
Animals of the same family as a Dalton’s mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Jackson’s soft-furred mouse with a weight of 39 grams
- Euryoryzomys nitidus with a weight of 55 grams
- Lesser bandicoot rat with a weight of 227 grams
- Round-tailed muskrat with a weight of 265 grams
- Akodon sylvanus with a weight of 39 grams
- Edith’s leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Tullberg’s soft-furred mouse with a weight of 37 grams
- Oecomys rutilus with a weight of 73 grams
- Small pencil-tailed tree mouse with a weight of 28 grams
- Typical vlei rat with 1 babies per litter
Animals with the same weight as a Dalton’s mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Praomys daltoni:
- Andean big-eared mouse bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Naked-rumped tomb bat bringing 31 grams to the scale
- White-ankled mouse bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Handleyomys alfaroi bringing 33 grams to the scale
- Elegant fat-tailed mouse opossum bringing 28 grams to the scale
- Dragon tube-nosed fruit bat bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Hartwig’s soft-furred mouse bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Oligoryzomys nigripes bringing 29 grams to the scale
- Sandhill dunnart bringing 33 grams to the scale
- Blanford’s fruit bat bringing 28 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Dalton’s mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Dalton’s mouse: