It is hard to guess what a Fox’s shrew weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Fox’s shrew (Crocidura foxi) on average weights 21 grams (0.05 lbs).
The Fox’s shrew is from the family Soricidae (genus: Crocidura). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 7.1 cm (0′ 3″). Usually, Fox’s shrews have 1 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Fox’s shrew (Crocidura foxi) is a species of mammal in the family Soricidae. It is found in Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, South Sudan, and Togo. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forest, moist savanna, and plantations .
Animals of the same family as a Fox’s shrew
We found other animals of the Soricidae family:
- Laxmann’s shrew with a weight of 6 grams
- Kongana shrew with a weight of 5 grams
- Gansu shrew with a size of 8 cm (0′ 4″)
- Mauritanian shrew with a weight of 2 grams
- Hero shrew with a weight of 91 grams
- Hodgson’s brown-toothed shrew with a size of 6.4 cm (0′ 3″)
- Kivu long-haired shrew with 3 babies per litter
- Thomas’s small-eared shrew with a weight of 12 grams
- Savanna shrew with a weight of 10 grams
- Chinese water shrew with a size of 10.2 cm (0′ 5″)
Animals with the same weight as a Fox’s shrew
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Crocidura foxi:
- Stripe-faced dunnart bringing 24 grams to the scale
- Red tree vole bringing 22 grams to the scale
- Mottled-tailed shrew mouse bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Akodon azarae bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Neacomys spinosus bringing 19 grams to the scale
- Wood sprite gracile opossum bringing 18 grams to the scale
- Olive grass mouse bringing 19 grams to the scale
- Alpine pine vole bringing 23 grams to the scale
- Grant’s golden mole bringing 22 grams to the scale
- Cerrado mouse bringing 24 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Fox’s shrew
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (1) as a Fox’s shrew: