It is hard to guess what a Gracile tateril weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Gracile tateril (Taterillus gracilis) on average weights 49 grams (0.11 lbs).
The Gracile tateril is from the family Muridae (genus: Taterillus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 11.7 cm (0′ 5″). Usually, Gracile taterils have 4 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The gracile tateril or slender gerbil (Taterillus gracilis) is a species of gerbil found in Burkina Faso, Chad, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo, and possibly Cameroon. Its natural habitats are dry savanna, arable land, pastureland, and rural gardens. It is a common species, sometimes considered an agricultural pest, and the International Union for Conservation of Nature has rated its conservation status as being of “least concern”.
Animals of the same family as a Gracile tateril
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Guatemalan vole with a weight of 42 grams
- Snow Mountains grassland mosaic-tailed rat with a size of 12.7 cm (0′ 5″)
- Bolivian vesper mouse with a weight of 27 grams
- Bush rat with a weight of 124 grams
- Large bamboo rat bringing 2.5 kilos (5.51 lbs) to the scale
- New Britain water rat with a size of 29.2 cm (1′ 0″)
- California mouse with a weight of 42 grams
- Edwards’s long-tailed giant rat with a weight of 304 grams
- Nayarit mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Hummelinck’s vesper mouse with a weight of 27 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Gracile tateril
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Taterillus gracilis:
- Togo mouse bringing 55 grams to the scale
- Northern water rat bringing 54 grams to the scale
- Dusky-footed elephant shrew bringing 57 grams to the scale
- Shining thicket rat bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Talazac’s shrew tenrec bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Yellow-rumped leaf-eared mouse bringing 53 grams to the scale
- Melanomys zunigae bringing 53 grams to the scale
- Single-striped grass mouse bringing 50 grams to the scale
- El Carrizo deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Large myotis bringing 42 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Gracile tateril
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Gracile tateril: