It is hard to guess what a Grey dwarf hamster weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Grey dwarf hamster (Cricetulus migratorius) on average weights 30 grams (0.07 lbs).
The Grey dwarf hamster is from the family Muridae (genus: Cricetulus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 36.3 cm (1′ 3″). On average, Grey dwarf hamsters can have babies 2 times per year with a litter size of 5.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The grey dwarf hamster, grey hamster or migratory hamster (Cricetulus migratorius) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. Its range extends from Eastern Europe through the Middle East, Russia and Central Asia to Mongolia and western China. The grey dwarf hamster has grey fur and a head-body length ranging from 85 to 120 mm (3.3 to 4.7 in). The International Union for Conservation of Nature has assessed its conservation status as being of “least concern”.
Animals of the same family as a Grey dwarf hamster
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Bastard big-footed mouse with a weight of 28 grams
- Puna mouse with a weight of 84 grams
- Southern pygmy mouse with a weight of 9 grams
- Slender harvest mouse with a weight of 12 grams
- Voalavoanala with a weight of 97 grams
- Daphne’s Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Unexpected cotton rat with a weight of 140 grams
- Spotted bolo mouse with a weight of 37 grams
- Indian gerbil with a weight of 138 grams
- California vole with a weight of 57 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Grey dwarf hamster
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Cricetulus migratorius:
- Mindanao lowland forest mouse bringing 31 grams to the scale
- Andean gerbil mouse bringing 28 grams to the scale
- Hildebrandt’s horseshoe bat bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Hairy-footed gerbil bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Common noctule bringing 28 grams to the scale
- African giant shrew bringing 33 grams to the scale
- Large-eared free-tailed bat bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Grey red-backed vole bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Lesser false vampire bat bringing 24 grams to the scale
- Vordermann’s flying squirrel bringing 36 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Grey dwarf hamster
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Grey dwarf hamster: