It is hard to guess what a Macmillan’s thicket rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Macmillan’s thicket rat (Grammomys macmillani) on average weights 37 grams (0.08 lbs).
The Macmillan’s thicket rat is from the family Muridae (genus: Grammomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 11 cm (0′ 5″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Macmillan’s thicket rat (Grammomys macmillani) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae. It is found in Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forest, subtropical or tropical swamps, subtropical or tropical seasonally wet or flooded lowland grassland, shrub-dominated wetlands, and urban areas.
Animals of the same family as a Macmillan’s thicket rat
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Dusky mosaic-tailed rat with a size of 15.2 cm (0′ 6″)
- Lesser hamster-rat with a weight of 75 grams
- Grey dwarf hamster with a weight of 30 grams
- Altiplano chinchilla mouse with a weight of 170 grams
- Alston’s cotton rat with a weight of 55 grams
- Large pencil-tailed tree mouse with a weight of 28 grams
- White-footed mouse with a weight of 18 grams
- Rümmler’s brush mouse with a weight of 29 grams
- Temminck’s striped mouse with a weight of 60 grams
- Slender Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Macmillan’s thicket rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Grammomys macmillani:
- Saunder’s vlei rat bringing 34 grams to the scale
- Tschudi’s slender opossum bringing 41 grams to the scale
- Hooper’s mouse bringing 35 grams to the scale
- Naked-eared deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Tarabundí vole bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Mindanao lowland forest mouse bringing 31 grams to the scale
- Hispid hocicudo bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Black-tailed dasyure bringing 38 grams to the scale
- Golden spiny mouse bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Northern hopping mouse bringing 38 grams to the scale