It is hard to guess what a Northern grass mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Northern grass mouse (Necromys urichi) on average weights 44 grams (0.1 lbs).
The Northern grass mouse is from the family Cricetidae (genus: Necromys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 10.8 cm (0′ 5″). On average, Northern grass mouses can have babies 3 times per year with a litter size of 5.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The northern grass mouse, or northern akodont, (Necromys urichi) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. It is found in Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela and Trinidad and Tobago.
Animals of the same family as a Northern grass mouse
We found other animals of the Cricetidae family:
- Taiwan vole with a weight of 46 grams
- Córdoba vesper mouse with a weight of 49 grams
- Olive grass mouse with a weight of 24 grams
- Northern red-backed vole with a weight of 19 grams
- Kemp’s grass mouse with a weight of 26 grams
- Western red-backed vole with a weight of 18 grams
- Middendorf’s vole with 5 babies per litter
- Montane grass mouse with a size of 7.5 cm (0′ 3″)
- Buenos Aires leaf-eared mouse with a weight of 42 grams
- Southern vole with a weight of 35 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Northern grass mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Necromys urichi:
- Spotted bolo mouse bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Perote mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Nikolaus’s mouse bringing 52 grams to the scale
- Oecomys bicolor bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Dusky slender opossum bringing 46 grams to the scale
- Asian house shrew bringing 43 grams to the scale
- Pale spear-nosed bat bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Macmillan’s thicket rat bringing 37 grams to the scale
- Pale gerbil bringing 52 grams to the scale
- Polynesian rat bringing 50 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Northern grass mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Northern grass mouse: