It is hard to guess what a Olive grass mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Olive grass mouse (Akodon olivaceus) on average weights 26 grams (0.06 lbs).
The Olive grass mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Akodon). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 3.7 cm (0′ 2″). Usually, Olive grass mouses have 5 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Abrothrix olivaceus, also known as the olive grass mouse or olive akodont, is a species of rodent in the genus Abrothrix of family Cricetidae. It is found from northern Chile into southern Chile and Argentina, including the islands of Tierra del Fuego. It is prone to large swings in population size.
Animals of the same family as a Olive grass mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Eastern broad-toothed field mouse with a weight of 43 grams
- Malagasy giant rat bringing 1.18 kilos (2.6 lbs) to the scale
- Wagner’s gerbil with a weight of 27 grams
- Target rat with a weight of 70 grams
- Dark-tailed tree rat with a weight of 71 grams
- One-toothed shrew mouse with a weight of 21 grams
- Saunder’s vlei rat with a weight of 34 grams
- Western shrew mouse with a weight of 21 grams
- Isarog shrew-rat with a weight of 122 grams
- Pleasant bolo mouse with a weight of 27 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Olive grass mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Akodon olivaceus:
- Indian hairy-footed gerbil bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Hummelinck’s vesper mouse bringing 27 grams to the scale
- New Guinea free-tailed bat bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Southern long-nosed bat bringing 25 grams to the scale
- Puno grass mouse bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Hoary bat bringing 27 grams to the scale
- Yellow-necked mouse bringing 31 grams to the scale
- Angolan free-tailed bat bringing 26 grams to the scale
- Long-tailed house bat bringing 30 grams to the scale
- Koford’s grass mouse bringing 29 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Olive grass mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (5) as a Olive grass mouse: