It is hard to guess what a Peters’s mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Peters’s mouse (Mus setulosus) on average weights 11 grams (0.02 lbs).
The Peters’s mouse is from the family Muridae (genus: Mus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 6.1 cm (0′ 3″). Usually, Peters’s mouses have 3 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Peters’ mouse (Mus setulosus) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Benin, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Togo, and Uganda.Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical dry forests and dry savanna.
Animals of the same family as a Peters’s mouse
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Rupp’s mouse with a weight of 48 grams
- Savi’s pine vole with a weight of 20 grams
- Guatemalan deer mouse with a weight of 40 grams
- Nectomys rattus with a weight of 249 grams
- Delicate mouse with 1 babies per litter
- Short-footed Luzon tree rat with a size of 20 cm (0′ 8″)
- Arizona cotton rat with a weight of 198 grams
- Yellow-spotted brush-furred rat with a weight of 57 grams
- Gray-bellied tree mouse with a weight of 41 grams
- Long-tailed giant rat with a weight of 349 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Peters’s mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Mus setulosus:
- Micronycteris brachyotis bringing 10 grams to the scale
- Shamel’s horseshoe bat bringing 9 grams to the scale
- Mindanao shrew bringing 10 grams to the scale
- Intermediate long-fingered bat bringing 11 grams to the scale
- Central pebble-mound mouse bringing 12 grams to the scale
- Mexican free-tailed bat bringing 12 grams to the scale
- Bates’s slit-faced bat bringing 10 grams to the scale
- Madagascar sucker-footed bat bringing 9 grams to the scale
- White-bellied lesser house bat bringing 10 grams to the scale
- Little free-tailed bat bringing 10 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Peters’s mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (3) as a Peters’s mouse: