It is hard to guess what a Pouched gerbil weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Pouched gerbil (Desmodilliscus braueri) on average weights 10 grams (0.02 lbs).
The Pouched gerbil is from the family Muridae (genus: Desmodilliscus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 20.3 cm (0′ 8″). Usually, Pouched gerbils have 2 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The pouched gerbil (Desmodilliscus braueri) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae. It is the only species in the genus Desmodilliscus and the subtribe Desmodilliscina.It is found across western Africa from Mauritania east to Sudan. Its natural habitat is dry savanna.This species is probably the smallest of the familia Muridae. It weighs 6 to 14 grams, its length is 4 to 8 cm without the shorter, poorly haired tail.
Animals of the same family as a Pouched gerbil
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Fringe-tailed gerbil with a weight of 95 grams
- Sagebrush vole with a weight of 28 grams
- Arnhem Land rock rat with a weight of 94 grams
- Southern multimammate mouse with a weight of 53 grams
- Creek groove-toothed swamp rat with a weight of 121 grams
- Kemp’s grass mouse with a weight of 26 grams
- Lesser hamster-rat with a weight of 75 grams
- European water vole with a weight of 120 grams
- Oligoryzomys destructor with a weight of 25 grams
- Southern mole vole with a weight of 80 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Pouched gerbil
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Desmodilliscus braueri:
- Northern broad-nosed bat bringing 8 grams to the scale
- Shamel’s horseshoe bat bringing 9 grams to the scale
- Central pebble-mound mouse bringing 12 grams to the scale
- Bates’s slit-faced bat bringing 10 grams to the scale
- Short-nosed harvest mouse bringing 12 grams to the scale
- Round-eared tube-nosed bat bringing 9 grams to the scale
- Alston’s brown mouse bringing 11 grams to the scale
- Hoary wattled bat bringing 8 grams to the scale
- Long-legged bat bringing 8 grams to the scale
- Long-fingered bat bringing 8 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Pouched gerbil
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a Pouched gerbil: