It is hard to guess what a Sanford’s brown lemur weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Sanford’s brown lemur (Eulemur sanfordi) on average weights 2.39 kg (5.28 lbs).
The Sanford’s brown lemur is from the family Lemuridae (genus: Eulemur). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 45.7 cm (1′ 6″).
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
Sanford’s brown lemur (Eulemur sanfordi), or Sanford’s lemur, is a species of strepsirrhine primate in the family Lemuridae. Sanford’s brown lemur was previously considered a subspecies of the common brown lemur (Eulemur fulvus) but was raised to full species in 2001. It is named after Leonard Cutler Sanford, a trustee of the American Museum of Natural History.
Animals of the same family as a Sanford’s brown lemur
We found other animals of the Lemuridae family:
- Greater bamboo lemur bringing 2.04 kilos (4.5 lbs) to the scale
- Golden bamboo lemur bringing 1.57 kilos (3.46 lbs) to the scale
- Greater bamboo lemur bringing 2.03 kilos (4.48 lbs) to the scale
- Red lemur bringing 2.39 kilos (5.27 lbs) to the scale
- Red ruffed lemur bringing 3.87 kilos (8.53 lbs) to the scale
- Gray-headed lemur bringing 2.4 kilos (5.29 lbs) to the scale
- Mongoose lemur bringing 1.77 kilos (3.9 lbs) to the scale
- Black lemur bringing 2.48 kilos (5.47 lbs) to the scale
- Black-and-white ruffed lemur bringing 3.86 kilos (8.51 lbs) to the scale
- Lac Alaotra bamboo lemur bringing 1.62 kilos (3.57 lbs) to the scale
Animals with the same weight as a Sanford’s brown lemur
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Eulemur sanfordi:
- Asiatic brush-tailed porcupine with a weight of 2 kilos (4.41 lbs)
- Common brushtail possum with a weight of 2.69 kilos (5.93 lbs)
- Spectacled hare-wallaby with a weight of 2.82 kilos (6.22 lbs)
- Nilgiri marten with a weight of 2.04 kilos (4.5 lbs)
- Rufous rat-kangaroo with a weight of 2.81 kilos (6.19 lbs)
- Rothschild’s porcupine with a weight of 2 kilos (4.41 lbs)
- Kinkajou with a weight of 2.45 kilos (5.4 lbs)
- Sand cat with a weight of 2.82 kilos (6.22 lbs)
- Johnston’s genet with a weight of 2.23 kilos (4.92 lbs)
- Black-footed mongoose with a weight of 2.62 kilos (5.78 lbs)