It is hard to guess what a Siberian zokor weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Siberian zokor (Myospalax myospalax) on average weights 225 grams (0.5 lbs).
The Siberian zokor is from the family Muridae (genus: Myospalax). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 6.9 cm (0′ 3″). On average, Siberian zokors can have babies 1 times per year with a litter size of 4.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Siberian zokor (Myospalax myospalax) is a species of rodents in the family Spalacidae. It is found in Kazakhstan and Russia.
Animals of the same family as a Siberian zokor
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Australian swamp rat with a weight of 106 grams
- Northern grass mouse with a weight of 44 grams
- Mayor’s mouse with 2 babies per litter
- Fat-tailed gerbil with a weight of 47 grams
- Biting chinchilla mouse with a weight of 82 grams
- Steppe field mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Cauca climbing mouse with a weight of 89 grams
- Western harvest mouse with a weight of 10 grams
- Western shrew mouse with a weight of 21 grams
- Oecomys rutilus with a weight of 73 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Siberian zokor
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Myospalax myospalax:
- Dusky bushbaby bringing 213 grams to the scale
- White-toothed tuco-tuco bringing 244 grams to the scale
- Long-tailed spiny rat bringing 205 grams to the scale
- Cameroon scaly-tail bringing 200 grams to the scale
- Dusky-footed woodrat bringing 219 grams to the scale
- Lesser mole-rat bringing 189 grams to the scale
- Kintampo rope squirrel bringing 186 grams to the scale
- Underwood’s pocket gopher bringing 250 grams to the scale
- Argentine tuco-tuco bringing 221 grams to the scale
- Large mosaic-tailed rat bringing 209 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Siberian zokor
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Siberian zokor: