What is the maximal age a Cattle reaches?
An adult Cattle (Bos taurus) usually gets as old as 20 years.
Cattles are around 280 days in the womb of their mother. When born, they weight 23.04 kg (50.79 lbs) and measure 6.27 meter (20′ 7″). As a member of the Bovidae family (genus: Bos), a Cattle gets offspring up to 1 times per year. Fully grown, they reach a bodylength of 2.08 meter (6′ 10″).
As a reference: Usually, humans get as old as 100 years, with the average being around 75 years. After being carried in the belly of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks), they grow to an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″) and weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual.
Cattle, or cows (female) and bulls (male), are the most common type of large domesticated ungulates. They are a prominent modern member of the subfamily Bovinae, are the most widespread species of the genus Bos, and are most commonly classified collectively as Bos taurus.Cattle are commonly raised as livestock for meat (beef or veal, see beef cattle), for milk (see dairy cattle), and for hides, which are used to make leather. They are used as riding animals and draft animals (oxen or bullocks, which pull carts, plows and other implements). Another product of cattle is their dung, which can be used to create manure or fuel. In some regions, such as parts of India, cattle have significant religious meaning. Cattle, mostly small breeds such as the Miniature Zebu, are also kept as pets.Around 10,500 years ago, cattle were domesticated from as few as 80 progenitors in central Anatolia, the Levant and Western Iran. According to an estimate from 2011, there are 1.4 billion cattle in the world. In 2009, cattle became one of the first livestock animals to have a fully mapped genome.
Animals of the same family as a Cattle
Not really brothers and sisters, but from the same biological family (Bovidae):
- Jentink’s duiker becoming 17.5 years old
- Common tsessebe becoming 18 years old
- Abbott’s duiker becoming 5.42 years old
- Rhim gazelle becoming 14 years old
- Arabian gazelle becoming 11.25 years old
- Walia ibex with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Arabian oryx becoming 20 years old
- Red-flanked duiker becoming 9.5 years old
- Dorcas gazelle becoming 17.42 years old
- Arabian tahr becoming 14 years old
Animals that reach the same age as Cattle
With an average age of 20 years, Cattle are in good companionship of the following animals:
- Cougar usually reaching 20 years
- Desert warthog usually reaching 18.75 years
- Siberian ibex usually reaching 22.25 years
- Townsend’s big-eared bat usually reaching 21.17 years
- Bechstein’s bat usually reaching 21 years
- Eurasian otter usually reaching 22 years
- Thorold’s deer usually reaching 18 years
- Asian palm civet usually reaching 22.42 years
- Red wolf usually reaching 20 years
- Greater mouse-eared bat usually reaching 22 years
Weighting as much as Cattle
A fully grown Cattle reaches around 615.82 kg (1357.65 lbs). So do these animals:
- Moose weighting 541.46 kilos (1193.71 lbs) on average
- Giant eland weighting 644.51 kilos (1420.9 lbs) on average
- African buffalo weighting 592.83 kilos (1306.96 lbs) on average
- Banteng weighting 631.49 kilos (1392.2 lbs) on average
- Common eland weighting 561.8 kilos (1238.56 lbs) on average
- Bactrian camel weighting 550.76 kilos (1214.22 lbs) on average
- American bison weighting 622.29 kilos (1371.91 lbs) on average
- Short-finned pilot whale weighting 726 kilos (1600.55 lbs) on average
- European bison weighting 674.44 kilos (1486.88 lbs) on average
- Domestic yak weighting 500 kilos (1102.31 lbs) on average