How big does a Robust yellow bat get? Here is an overview over the average adult age:
A grown Robust yellow bat (Scotophilus robustus) reaches an average size of 15.2 cm (0′ 6″).
When born, they have an average size of 0 cm (0′ 0″). The Robust yellow bat (genus: Scotophilus) is a member of the family Vespertilionidae.
As a reference: Humans reach an average body size of 1.65m (5′ 5″) while carrying 62 kg (137 lbs). A human woman is pregnant for 280 days (40 weeks) and on average become 75 years old.
The robust yellow bat (Scotophilus robustus) is a species of vesper bat. It is found only in Madagascar.
Animals of the same family as a Robust yellow bat
We found other animals of the Vespertilionidae family:
- Eastern broad-nosed bat with a weight of 11 grams
- Southeast Asian long-fingered bat with 1 babies per litter
- Yellowish myotis with a weight of 5 grams
- Silvered bat with a weight of 9 grams
- Brandt’s bat with a weight of 5 grams
- Broad-headed pipistrelle with a weight of 6 grams
- Greenish yellow bat with 2 babies per litter
- Hodgson’s bat with a weight of 7 grams
- Cape serotine with 1 babies per litter
- Pipistrellus babu with a weight of 4 grams
Animals with the same size as a Robust yellow bat
Not that size really matters, but it makes things comparable. So here are a couple of animals that are as big as Robust yellow bat:
- Siskiyou chipmunk with a size of 14.5 cm (0′ 6″)
- Chestnut-bellied spiny rat with a size of 16.7 cm (0′ 7″)
- Colorado chipmunk with a size of 12.2 cm (0′ 5″)
- Long-nosed mosaic-tailed rat with a size of 15.1 cm (0′ 6″)
- Dusky slender opossum with a size of 13.1 cm (0′ 6″)
- Hainan gymnure with a size of 13.4 cm (0′ 6″)
- Desert hedgehog with a size of 18.1 cm (0′ 8″)
- Alpine pika with a size of 17.5 cm (0′ 7″)
- Robinson’s mouse opossum with a size of 15 cm (0′ 6″)
- Gilliard’s flying fox with a size of 15.9 cm (0′ 7″)