How many baby Ashy black titis are in a litter?
A Ashy black titi (Callicebus cinerascens) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 100 grams (0.22 lbs) and measure 7.2 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Cebidae family (genus: Callicebus). An adult Ashy black titi grows up to a size of 10 cm (0′ 4″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The ashy black titi, Plecturocebus cinerascens, is a species of titi, a type of New World monkey, endemic to Brazil. It was originally described as Callicebus cinerascens in 1823.
Other animals of the family Cebidae
Ashy black titi is a member of the Cebidae, as are these animals:
- Red-handed howler weighting around 6.17 kilograms (13.6 lbs)
- Black-capped squirrel monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Hoffmanns’s titi with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Yellow-tailed woolly monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Monk saki with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Central American squirrel monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Bolivian red howler weighting around 6.61 kilograms (14.57 lbs)
- Golden-backed uakari becoming 18 years old
- Guianan squirrel monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Geoffroy’s spider monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Ashy black titi
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Arabian tahr
- Hildegarde’s tomb bat
- Parti-coloured bat
- Red-rumped agouti
- Moustached guenon
- Sloth bear
- Six-banded armadillo
- Dusky elephant shrew
- Kolan vole
Animals with the same weight as a Ashy black titi
What other animals weight around 992 grams (2.19 lbs)?
- Three-striped night monkey weighting 912 grams
- Rio Mayo titi weighting 992 grams
- Southern brown bandicoot weighting 825 grams
- Black flying squirrel usually reaching 1.19 kgs (2.62 lbs)
- Black-footed ferret weighting 907 grams
- Green acouchi weighting 966 grams
- Black-capped squirrel monkey weighting 802 grams
- Sunda flying lemur usually reaching 1.11 kgs (2.45 lbs)
- Green ringtail possum usually reaching 1.15 kgs (2.54 lbs)
- Gray-bellied night monkey weighting 800 grams