How many baby Hoffmanns’s titis are in a litter?
A Hoffmanns’s titi (Callicebus hoffmannsi) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 73 grams (0.16 lbs) and measure 7.2 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Cebidae family (genus: Callicebus). An adult Hoffmanns’s titi grows up to a size of 35.5 cm (1′ 2″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Hoffmanns’s titi (Plecturocebus hoffmannsi) is a species of titi, a type of New World monkey, endemic to Brazil. It was described as Callicebus hoffmannsi in 1908.
Other animals of the family Cebidae
Hoffmanns’s titi is a member of the Cebidae, as are these animals:
- Gray-bellied night monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Monk saki with 1 babies per pregnancy
- White-faced saki with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Mantled howler with 1 babies per pregnancy
- White-nosed saki with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Geoffroy’s spider monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red-handed howler weighting around 6.17 kilograms (13.6 lbs)
- Hershkovitz’s titi with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red-faced spider monkey with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Guatemalan black howler with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Hoffmanns’s titi
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- White-footed sportive lemur
- Leschenault’s rousette
- Highland brush mouse
- Davis’s round-eared bat
- Gulf Coast kangaroo rat
- Western mastiff bat
- White-nosed saki
- Celebes crested macaque
- Egyptian fruit bat
- Spectacled hare-wallaby
Animals with the same weight as a Hoffmanns’s titi
What other animals weight around 1.07 kg (2.36 lbs)?
- Spotted giant flying squirrel usually reaching 1.04 kgs (2.29 lbs)
- Angolan talapoin usually reaching 1.25 kgs (2.76 lbs)
- Eastern lowland olingo usually reaching 1.24 kgs (2.73 lbs)
- Hispaniolan solenodon weighting 893 grams
- Green ringtail possum usually reaching 1.15 kgs (2.54 lbs)
- Red acouchi weighting 949 grams
- Woylie usually reaching 1.22 kgs (2.69 lbs)
- Tapeti weighting 988 grams
- Northern bettong usually reaching 1.26 kgs (2.78 lbs)
- Rio Mayo titi weighting 992 grams