How many baby White-footed sportive lemurs are in a litter?
A White-footed sportive lemur (Lepilemur leucopus) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.With 1 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 1 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 136 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 158 grams (0.35 lbs) and measure 10.7 cm (0′ 5″). They are a member of the Megaladapidae family (genus: Lepilemur). An adult White-footed sportive lemur grows up to a size of 25.5 cm (0′ 11″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The white-footed sportive lemur, white-footed weasel lemur, or dry-bush weasel lemur (Lepilemur leucopus) is a species of lemur in the family Lepilemuridae, the sportive lemurs. It is similar in appearance to other lemurs in the family, with a grey back, a pale grey to white ventral side, and a light brown tail. It is a nocturnal animal that moves through the forest using a vertical clinging and leaping technique. It is endemic to Madagascar, inhabiting the southern subtropical or tropical dry shrubland. It is threatened by habitat loss due to agriculture practices and charcoal production.
Other animals of the family Megaladapidae
White-footed sportive lemur is a member of the Megaladapidae, as are these animals:
- Small-toothed sportive lemur weighting only 955 grams
- Northern sportive lemur with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red-tailed sportive lemur with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Gray-backed sportive lemur with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Milne-Edwards’ sportive lemur weighting only 822 grams
- Weasel sportive lemur with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with White-footed sportive lemur
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- La Plata dolphin
- Brown titi
- Insular flying fox
- Maned rat
- Southern dog-faced bat
- Flores woolly bat
- Stephen’s woodrat
- Little forest bat
- Buru babirusa
- Plush-coated ringtail possum
Animals that get as old as a White-footed sportive lemur
Other animals that usually reach the age of 8.58 years:
- Black-tailed prairie dog with 8.5 years
- Rufous rat-kangaroo with 8 years
- Yellow-bellied marmot with 8 years
- Red acouchi with 10 years
- Red-tailed chipmunk with 8 years
- Island fox with 8 years
- White-tailed jackrabbit with 8 years
- Northern bettong with 7 years
- Long-tailed porcupine with 10.08 years
- Stoat with 7.08 years
Animals with the same weight as a White-footed sportive lemur
What other animals weight around 600 grams (1.32 lbs)?
- Painted tree-rat weighting 519 grams
- Black flying fox weighting 609 grams
- Insular flying fox weighting 560 grams
- White-lipped tamarin weighting 509 grams
- Bougainville monkey-faced bat weighting 573 grams
- Mountain ground squirrel weighting 625 grams
- Western gray squirrel weighting 704 grams
- Xerus erythropus weighting 602 grams
- Ring-tailed ground squirrel weighting 500 grams
- Short-tailed chinchilla weighting 499 grams