How many baby Deroo’s mouses are in a litter?
A Deroo’s mouse (Myomys derooi) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 5 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Myomys). An adult Deroo’s mouse grows up to a size of 52.1 cm (1′ 9″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Deroo’s mouse or Deroo’s praomys (Praomys derooi) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo.Its natural habitats are dry savanna and urban areas.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Deroo’s mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Oecomys phaeotis weighting only 73 grams
- Flat-headed vole with 6 babies per pregnancy
- Rajah spiny rat with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Southwestern water vole with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Crete spiny mouse weighting only 62 grams
- Cheesman’s gerbil with 8 babies per pregnancy
- Cerradomys subflavus with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Edward’s swamp rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- White-ankled mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Issel’s groove-toothed swamp rat weighting only 60 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Deroo’s mouse
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Lesser mole-rat
- Juniper vole
- Southern mole vole
- Lesser white-toothed shrew
- Grizzled giant squirrel
- Borneo black-banded squirrel
- Taiwanese brown-toothed shrew
- Little native mouse
- Dolorous grass mouse
- Balochistan gerbil
Animals with the same weight as a Deroo’s mouse
What other animals weight around 32 grams (0.07 lbs)?
- Hummelinck’s vesper mouse weighting 27 grams
- White-ankled mouse weighting 38 grams
- Wagner’s bonneted bat weighting 36 grams
- Nut-colored yellow bat weighting 30 grams
- Lesser Egyptian gerbil weighting 27 grams
- Lesser short-nosed fruit bat weighting 33 grams
- Olrog’s chaco mouse weighting 32 grams
- Northern grasshopper mouse weighting 27 grams
- Hooper’s mouse weighting 35 grams
- Vordermann’s flying squirrel weighting 36 grams