How many baby Manchurian hares are in a litter?
A Manchurian hare (Lepus mandshuricus) usually gives birth to around 2 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 123 grams (0.27 lbs) and measure 14 cm (0′ 6″). They are a member of the Leporidae family (genus: Lepus). An adult Manchurian hare grows up to a size of 45.9 cm (1′ 7″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The Manchurian hare (Lepus mandshuricus) is a species of hare found in northeastern China and Russia, the Amur River basin, and the higher mountains of northern Korea. It lives in forests and the IUCN has assessed its conservation status as being of “least concern”.
Other animals of the family Leporidae
Manchurian hare is a member of the Leporidae, as are these animals:
- Mountain hare with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Abyssinian hare weighting around 2.02 kilograms (4.45 lbs)
- African savanna hare with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Mountain cottontail with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Woolly hare with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Black-tailed jackrabbit with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Indian hare with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Arctic hare with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Yarkand hare with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Granada hare with 1 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Manchurian hare
Those animals also give birth to 2 babies at once:
- Eurasian otter
- Western barred bandicoot
- Thomas’s giant deer mouse
- Mountain degu
- Black-tufted marmoset
- Big-eared climbing rat
- Banded mongoose
- Banana climbing mouse
- Indian palm squirrel
Animals with the same weight as a Manchurian hare
What other animals weight around 1.84 kg (4.05 lbs)?
- Golden bamboo lemur usually reaching 1.57 kgs (3.46 lbs)
- Banded hare-wallaby usually reaching 1.94 kgs (4.28 lbs)
- African savanna hare usually reaching 1.76 kgs (3.88 lbs)
- Yunnan hare usually reaching 2.02 kgs (4.45 lbs)
- Little Swan Island hutia usually reaching 1.5 kgs (3.31 lbs)
- Ornate cuscus usually reaching 1.79 kgs (3.95 lbs)
- Greater bamboo lemur usually reaching 2.04 kgs (4.5 lbs)
- Platypus usually reaching 1.48 kgs (3.26 lbs)
- De Vis’s woolly rat usually reaching 1.66 kgs (3.66 lbs)
- Striped hog-nosed skunk usually reaching 2.01 kgs (4.43 lbs)