How many baby Miniopterus macrocnemes are in a litter?
A Miniopterus macrocneme (Miniopterus macrocneme) usually gives birth to around 1 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 834 grams (1.84 lbs) and measure 6 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Miniopterus). An adult Miniopterus macrocneme grows up to a size of 10.4 cm (0′ 5″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Miniopterus macrocneme is a bat in the genus Miniopterus. It is found primarily in the Loyalty Islands of New Caledonia, though it is also found in New Guinea. It has been considered a subspecies of Miniopterus pusillus in recent years. It lives in caves in large numbers, though it can also be found in forests.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Miniopterus macrocneme is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Small bent-winged bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Dormer’s bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Whitehead’s woolly bat weighting only 3 grams
- Banana pipistrelle with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Savi’s pipistrelle with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Intermediate long-fingered bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Seminole bat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Hairy-faced bat weighting only 9 grams
- Kuhl’s pipistrelle with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Red myotis weighting only 5 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Miniopterus macrocneme
Those animals also give birth to 1 babies at once:
- Grant’s golden mole
- Defua rat
- Steller’s sea cow
- Harpy fruit bat
- Collared mangabey
- Malayan tapir
- Sable antelope
- Homo sapiens
Animals with the same weight as a Miniopterus macrocneme
What other animals weight around 7 grams (0.02 lbs)?
- Micronycteris nicefori weighting 8 grams
- Underwood’s long-tongued bat weighting 7 grams
- Malayan tailless leaf-nosed bat weighting 6 grams
- Goldman’s broad-clawed shrew weighting 6 grams
- Botswanan long-eared bat weighting 7 grams
- Flores woolly bat weighting 6 grams
- Lesser large-footed bat weighting 8 grams
- Big-eared horseshoe bat weighting 6 grams
- Southern little yellow-eared bat weighting 8 grams
- White-bellied big-eared bat weighting 6 grams