How many baby Molina’s grass mouses are in a litter?
A Molina’s grass mouse (Akodon molinae) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 23 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 2 grams (0 lbs) and measure 4 cm (0′ 2″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Akodon). An adult Molina’s grass mouse grows up to a size of 58.3 cm (1′ 11″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Molina’s grass mouse (Akodon molinae) is a species of rodent in the Cricetidae family.It is found only in Argentina.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Molina’s grass mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Gerbil leaf-eared mouse weighting only 17 grams
- White-toothed brush mouse raching a size of 11.5 cm (0′ 5″)
- Chibchan water mouse weighting only 50 grams
- Olive grass mouse with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Desert pygmy mouse with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Definitive leaf-eared mouse weighting only 89 grams
- Sakhalin vole with 7 babies per pregnancy
- Rossel Island melomys raching a size of 13.9 cm (0′ 6″)
- Golden mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
Animals that share a litter size with Molina’s grass mouse
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Black-backed jackal
- Taiwanese brown-toothed shrew
- Eastern pygmy possum
- Small Japanese mole
- Delectable soft-furred mouse
- Flat-headed shrew
- Asiatic long-tailed climbing mouse
- Blackish white-toothed shrew
- Long-eared hedgehog
- Southern big-eared mouse
Animals with the same weight as a Molina’s grass mouse
What other animals weight around 33 grams (0.07 lbs)?
- Hooper’s mouse weighting 35 grams
- Nagtglas’s African dormouse weighting 30 grams
- North African gerbil weighting 27 grams
- Rufous-bellied bolo mouse weighting 32 grams
- Chinese dormouse weighting 31 grams
- Hairy-legged vampire bat weighting 28 grams
- Common noctule weighting 28 grams
- Mole-like rice tenrec weighting 39 grams
- Pleasant bolo mouse weighting 27 grams
- Goldman’s water mouse weighting 38 grams