How many baby Delectable soft-furred mouses are in a litter?
A Delectable soft-furred mouse (Praomys delectorum) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 171 grams (0.38 lbs) and measure 18.3 cm (0′ 8″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Praomys). An adult Delectable soft-furred mouse grows up to a size of 51 cm (1′ 9″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The delectable soft-furred mouse or East African praomys (Praomys delectorum) is a species of rodent in the family Muridae.It is found in Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, and Zambia.Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist montane forests.It is threatened by habitat loss.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Delectable soft-furred mouse is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Large-scaled mosaic-tailed rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Altiplano grass mouse weighting only 20 grams
- Forrest’s mouse weighting only 23 grams
- Tanezumi rat weighting only 140 grams
- Sody’s tree rat with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Blackish deer mouse with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Plateau mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Indian hairy-footed gerbil with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Oligoryzomys longicaudatus with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Arizona woodrat weighting only 200 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Delectable soft-furred mouse
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- European wildcat
- Wagner’s gerbil
- Andean mountain cavy
- Nagtglas’s African dormouse
- Middle East blind mole-rat
- Desert hedgehog
- Lesser mole-rat
- Nicobar shrew
- Temminck’s mouse
Animals with the same weight as a Delectable soft-furred mouse
What other animals weight around 35 grams (0.08 lbs)?
- Large pencil-tailed tree mouse weighting 28 grams
- Zempoaltépec vole weighting 42 grams
- Macmillan’s thicket rat weighting 37 grams
- Common noctule weighting 28 grams
- Thomas’s water mouse weighting 40 grams
- Umboi tube-nosed fruit bat weighting 41 grams
- Grey red-backed vole weighting 36 grams
- Brazilian shrew mouse weighting 36 grams
- Abrothrix longipilis weighting 38 grams
- Bushy-tailed hairy-footed gerbil weighting 35 grams