How many baby Oligoryzomys fulvescenss are in a litter?
A Oligoryzomys fulvescens (Oligoryzomys fulvescens) usually gives birth to around 3 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 18.36 kg (40.48 lbs) and measure 5.7 cm (0′ 3″). They are a member of the Muridae family (genus: Oligoryzomys). An adult Oligoryzomys fulvescens grows up to a size of 2 meter (6′ 7″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Oligoryzomys fulvescens, also known as the fulvous colilargo, fulvous pygmy rice rat, or northern pygmy rice rat, is a species of rodent in the genus Oligoryzomys of family Cricetidae. It is found from southern Mexico through Central America into South America, where it occurs south into Peru and Brazil, and includes numerous synonyms, including the type species of the genus, Oryzomys navus Bangs, 1899. The taxonomy of this species is unresolved, and it may be found to contain more than one species. Its karyotype has 2n = 54-60 and FNa = 68–74.
Other animals of the family Muridae
Oligoryzomys fulvescens is a member of the Muridae, as are these animals:
- Black-eared mouse with 3 babies per pregnancy
- Mayor’s mouse with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Grant’s rock mouse weighting only 40 grams
- Percival’s spiny mouse weighting only 22 grams
- Fraternal hill rat weighting only 130 grams
- Kalinowski’s Oldfield mouse weighting only 77 grams
- Angoni vlei rat with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Bushveld gerbil with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Zagros Mountains mouse-like hamster with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Lowland brush mouse raching a size of 17.6 cm (0′ 7″)
Animals that share a litter size with Oligoryzomys fulvescens
Those animals also give birth to 3 babies at once:
- Middle East blind mole-rat
- Mount Kahuzi climbing mouse
- Western chestnut mouse
- Gray-footed chipmunk
- White-tailed rat
- Long-nosed dasyure
- Broad-footed mole
- Brandt’s hedgehog
- Cape gerbil
- South American coati
Animals with the same weight as a Oligoryzomys fulvescens
What other animals weight around 25 grams (0.06 lbs)?
- Rüppell’s broad-nosed bat weighting 26 grams
- Carpentarian dunnart weighting 25 grams
- Northwestern deer mouse weighting 28 grams
- Great Basin pocket mouse weighting 21 grams
- Oligoryzomys flavescens weighting 21 grams
- Northern gracile opossum weighting 23 grams
- Monito del monte weighting 25 grams
- Narrow-nosed harvest mouse weighting 20 grams
- Pinyon mouse weighting 27 grams
- Lesser mouse-eared bat weighting 23 grams