How many baby Particolored flying squirrels are in a litter?
A Particolored flying squirrel (Hylopetes alboniger) usually gives birth to around 2 babies.
Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 8.5 cm (0′ 4″). They are a member of the Sciuridae family (genus: Hylopetes). An adult Particolored flying squirrel grows up to a size of 13.2 cm (0′ 6″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
The particolored flying squirrel (Hylopetes alboniger) is a species of rodent in the family Sciuridae. It is found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical dry forests. It is threatened by habitat loss.
Other animals of the family Sciuridae
Particolored flying squirrel is a member of the Sciuridae, as are these animals:
- Mountain ground squirrel with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Siberian chipmunk with 5 babies per pregnancy
- Mentawai squirrel weighting only 296 grams
- Vordermann’s flying squirrel with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Indian palm squirrel with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Himalayan striped squirrel with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Ribboned rope squirrel with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Rock squirrel with 4 babies per pregnancy
- Harris’s antelope squirrel with 6 babies per pregnancy
- Brooke’s squirrel weighting only 114 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Particolored flying squirrel
Those animals also give birth to 2 babies at once:
- Peters’s climbing rat
- Fennec fox
- Peters’s striped mouse
- Least groove-toothed swamp rat
- Short-tailed chinchilla
- Brown bear
- Brazilian guinea pig
- Savi’s pipistrelle
Animals with the same weight as a Particolored flying squirrel
What other animals weight around 255 grams (0.56 lbs)?
- Short-tailed spiny rat weighting 285 grams
- Chiapan climbing rat weighting 280 grams
- Squirrel glider weighting 230 grams
- Andean mountain cavy weighting 255 grams
- Saharan striped polecat weighting 218 grams
- Hairy-tailed antsangy weighting 219 grams
- Yucatan squirrel weighting 225 grams
- Eastern rat weighting 230 grams
- Bioko Allen’s bushbaby weighting 268 grams
- Lowland ringtail possum weighting 300 grams