How many baby Pipistrellus mimuss are in a litter?
A Pipistrellus mimus (Pipistrellus mimus) usually gives birth to around 2 babies.With 3 litters per year, that sums up to a yearly offspring of 6 babies.
Each of those little ones spend around 61 days as a fetus before they are released into the wild. Upon birth, they weight 1 grams (0 lbs) and measure 2.3 cm (0′ 1″). They are a member of the Vespertilionidae family (genus: Pipistrellus). An adult Pipistrellus mimus grows up to a size of 4.5 cm (0′ 2″).
To have a reference: Humans obviously usually have a litter size of one ;). Their babies are in the womb of their mother for 280 days (40 weeks) and reach an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). They weight in at 62 kg (137 lbs), which is obviously highly individual, and reach an average age of 75 years.
Other animals of the family Vespertilionidae
Pipistrellus mimus is a member of the Vespertilionidae, as are these animals:
- Least long-fingered bat weighting only 4 grams
- Silvered bat weighting only 9 grams
- Tickell’s bat with 1 babies per pregnancy
- Little broad-nosed bat weighting only 10 grams
- Long-legged myotis becoming 4.25 years old
- Eastern small-footed myotis weighting only 5 grams
- Java pipistrelle with 2 babies per pregnancy
- Eastern false pipistrelle weighting only 22 grams
- Narrow-winged pipistrelle weighting only 15 grams
- Abo bat weighting only 6 grams
Animals that share a litter size with Pipistrellus mimus
Those animals also give birth to 2 babies at once:
- Cape gray mongoose
- Common mole-rat
- Buller’s chipmunk
- White-footed tamarin
- Northern palm squirrel
- Northern yellow bat
- Spotted hyena
- Large-scaled mosaic-tailed rat
- Common treeshrew
Animals with the same weight as a Pipistrellus mimus
What other animals weight around 2 grams (0 lbs)?
- Tiny pipistrelle weighting 2 grams
- Etruscan shrew weighting 2 grams
- Black myotis weighting 2 grams
- Dwarf shrew weighting 2 grams
- Nyctophilus geoffroyi weighting 2 grams
- Dark sheath-tailed bat weighting 2 grams
- Borneo roundleaf bat weighting 2 grams
- Eurasian least shrew weighting 2 grams
- Madagascan pygmy shrew weighting 2 grams
- Mauritanian shrew weighting 2 grams