It is hard to guess what a Agile kangaroo rat weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Agile kangaroo rat (Dipodomys agilis) on average weights 60 grams (0.13 lbs).
The Agile kangaroo rat is from the family Heteromyidae (genus: Dipodomys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 7.9 cm (0′ 4″). On average, Agile kangaroo rats can have babies 2 times per year with a litter size of 2.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The agile kangaroo rat (Dipodomys agilis) is a species of rodent in the family Heteromyidae. It is found in Baja California, Mexico and southern California in the United States.Relatively little information has been published on the natural history, life history, ecology, or behavior of the agile kangaroo rat. The species appears to be part of the Californian kangaroo rat radiation, which is derived from a common ancestor with Ord’s kangaroo rat. Best compared 19 morphological measurements from specimens from 34 populations across the species range, and concluded that the species is monotypic. An observational study found distinct habitat differences between the agile and Stephens’s kangaroo rats, with the agile preferring more shrubs and lighter soils.
Animals of the same family as a Agile kangaroo rat
We found other animals of the Heteromyidae family:
- Merriam’s pocket mouse with a weight of 6 grams
- Chisel-toothed kangaroo rat with a weight of 56 grams
- Silky pocket mouse with a weight of 7 grams
- Southern spiny pocket mouse with a weight of 268 grams
- Nelson’s pocket mouse with a weight of 15 grams
- Hispid pocket mouse with a weight of 35 grams
- Plains pocket mouse with a weight of 9 grams
- Ord’s kangaroo rat with a weight of 50 grams
- California pocket mouse with a weight of 23 grams
- Dark kangaroo mouse with a weight of 12 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Agile kangaroo rat
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Dipodomys agilis:
- Link rat bringing 57 grams to the scale
- Heath mouse bringing 72 grams to the scale
- Gray-footed chipmunk bringing 70 grams to the scale
- Gray slender opossum bringing 54 grams to the scale
- California vole bringing 57 grams to the scale
- Four-toed jerboa bringing 52 grams to the scale
- Crete spiny mouse bringing 62 grams to the scale
- Hylaeamys megacephalus bringing 57 grams to the scale
- Dolorous grass mouse bringing 50 grams to the scale
- Greater nectar bat bringing 72 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Agile kangaroo rat
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (2) as a Agile kangaroo rat: