It is hard to guess what a Atherton antechinus weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Atherton antechinus (Antechinus godmani) on average weights 76 grams (0.17 lbs).
The Atherton antechinus is from the family Dasyuridae (genus: Antechinus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 9.4 cm (0′ 4″). On average, Atherton antechinuss can have babies 1 times per year with a litter size of 4.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The Atherton antechinus (Antechinus godmani), also known as Godman’s antechinus, is a species of small carnivorous marsupial native to Australia. It is one of the rarest members of its genus, and differs from other antechinuses in its more rufous body colour and small eyes.
Animals of the same family as a Atherton antechinus
We found other animals of the Dasyuridae family:
- Fawn antechinus with a weight of 38 grams
- Gilbert’s dunnart with a weight of 19 grams
- Ningbing false antechinus with a weight of 20 grams
- Lesser hairy-footed dunnart with a weight of 11 grams
- Sarcophilus laniarius bringing 8.35 kilos (18.41 lbs) to the scale
- Tasmanian devil bringing 8.2 kilos (18.08 lbs) to the scale
- Swamp antechinus with a weight of 53 grams
- Red-cheeked dunnart with a weight of 35 grams
- Hairy-footed dunnart with a weight of 15 grams
- Fat-tailed dunnart with a weight of 16 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Atherton antechinus
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Antechinus godmani:
- Gaumer’s spiny pocket mouse bringing 63 grams to the scale
- Hairy-eared dwarf lemur bringing 78 grams to the scale
- Zygodontomys brunneus bringing 75 grams to the scale
- Ghana rufous-nosed rat bringing 85 grams to the scale
- Goldman’s spiny pocket mouse bringing 85 grams to the scale
- Oecomys rutilus bringing 73 grams to the scale
- Gray flying fox bringing 90 grams to the scale
- Dark-tailed tree rat bringing 71 grams to the scale
- Mountain pocket gopher bringing 81 grams to the scale
- Goliath shrew bringing 87 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Atherton antechinus
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Atherton antechinus: