It is hard to guess what a Black-tailed gerbil weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Black-tailed gerbil (Gerbilliscus nigricaudus) on average weights 123 grams (0.27 lbs).
The Black-tailed gerbil is from the family Muridae (genus: Gerbilliscus). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 16 cm (0′ 7″). On average, Black-tailed gerbils can have babies 5 times per year with a litter size of 4.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The black-tailed gerbil (Gerbilliscus nigricaudus) is a species of gerbil found in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, and Tanzania. Its natural habitats are dry savanna, subtropical or tropical dry shrubland, and arable land.
Animals of the same family as a Black-tailed gerbil
We found other animals of the Muridae family:
- Bolaños woodrat with a weight of 198 grams
- Handleyomys alfaroi with a weight of 33 grams
- Ethiopian white-footed mouse with 4 babies per litter
- White-throated woodrat with a weight of 208 grams
- Marmoset rat with a weight of 70 grams
- Island mouse with a weight of 164 grams
- Akodon affinis with a weight of 24 grams
- European snow vole with a weight of 48 grams
- Strong-tailed Oldfield mouse with a weight of 77 grams
- Dalton’s mouse with a weight of 35 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Black-tailed gerbil
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Gerbilliscus nigricaudus:
- Yellow-haired hill rat bringing 111 grams to the scale
- Ruwenzori otter shrew bringing 112 grams to the scale
- Kemp’s gerbil bringing 100 grams to the scale
- Botta’s pocket gopher bringing 123 grams to the scale
- Greater fairy armadillo bringing 130 grams to the scale
- Ghost bat bringing 124 grams to the scale
- Dian’s tarsier bringing 111 grams to the scale
- Giant kangaroo rat bringing 114 grams to the scale
- Magdalena rat bringing 130 grams to the scale
- Bramble Cay melomys bringing 100 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Black-tailed gerbil
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Black-tailed gerbil: