It is hard to guess what a Dark bolo mouse weights. But we have the answer:
An adult Dark bolo mouse (Necromys obscurus) on average weights 40 grams (0.09 lbs).
The Dark bolo mouse is from the family Cricetidae (genus: Necromys). When reaching adult age, they grow up to 14.4 cm (0′ 6″). Usually, Dark bolo mouses have 4 babies per litter.
As a reference: An average human weights in at 62 kg (137 lbs) and reaches an average size of 1.65m (5′ 5″). Humans spend 280 days (40 weeks) in the womb of their mother and reach around 75 years of age.
The dark bolo mouse or dark-furred akodont (Necromys obscurus) is a species of rodent in the family Cricetidae. There are two subspecies; one (ssp. scagliarum) is found in eastern and central parts of Buenos Aires Province, Argentina, and the other (ssp. obscurus) in coastal areas of southern Uruguay.
Animals of the same family as a Dark bolo mouse
We found other animals of the Cricetidae family:
- White-tipped Oldfield mouse with a size of 11.4 cm (0′ 5″)
- Handleyomys fuscatus with a weight of 49 grams
- Abrothrix longipilis with a weight of 38 grams
- Lundomys with a weight of 238 grams
- Southern red-backed vole with a weight of 19 grams
- Middendorf’s vole with 5 babies per litter
- Blyth’s vole with 1 babies per litter
- Altiplano grass mouse with a weight of 20 grams
- Temchuk’s bolo mouse with a weight of 47 grams
- North American brown lemming with a weight of 69 grams
Animals with the same weight as a Dark bolo mouse
As a comparison, here are some other animals that weight as much as the Necromys obscurus:
- Cyclops roundleaf bat bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Ernst Mayr’s water rat bringing 42 grams to the scale
- Naked-eared deer mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- White-striped free-tailed bat bringing 36 grams to the scale
- Antillean fruit-eating bat bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Cinnamon dog-faced bat bringing 35 grams to the scale
- False water rat bringing 45 grams to the scale
- Edith’s leaf-eared mouse bringing 40 grams to the scale
- Somali elephant shrew bringing 32 grams to the scale
- Kelaart’s long-clawed shrew bringing 36 grams to the scale
Animals with the same litter size as a Dark bolo mouse
Here is a list of animals that have the same number of babies per litter (4) as a Dark bolo mouse: